Did you know that you can collect 300 gallons of water from 1,000 square feet of roof during a 1/2” rain? You're invited to attend a Rainwater Guardian Workshop to learn about:
- Reducing your use of potable (drinking) water for lawn and garden irrigation
- How rainwater harvesting helps protect local waterways and the environment
- Rain barrel setup, use and maintenance
- Creating shallow rain gardens that are attractive and functional
Workshops are free and pre-registration is required for attendance. Workshops may be canceled at any time due to low registration or other circumstances.
- Thursday, September 24 at 6:30-8 p.m. | Register Here
Additional workshops will be available soon. Check stpete.org/WaterPrograms for updates and more information.
St. Petersburg utility customers may receive a rain barrel upon completion of a Rainwater Guardian Workshop. Rain barrels will be available at a future date once physical distancing and other public health standards can be assured.
Starting October 2020, upon City Council fiscal year 2021 budget approval, rebates will be available to single-family residential utility customers when they install rainwater catchment devices such as rain barrels, rain totes or rain gardens. Check stpete.org/WaterPrograms for updates.