CareFest is back! The yearly celebration of volunteering and giving back to the community has returned for Spring 2021.
Neighborhood associations and individuals are invited to participate in community-led projects and giving opportunities happening March 1-31 to support St. Pete's spirit of volunteering and giving back to the community.
How to Participate
- Volunteer and Give Back from a Distance: Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for a list of project ideas, partners, local organizations and ways to help.
- Organize a Neighborhood Cleanup: Neighborhood leaders can contact the Community Services Department at Robert.Barto@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for more information and to schedule. Up to two neighborhood cleanups may be scheduled per weekend in the city.
- Host a Donation Drive: Collect vital resources to donate to local nonprofits and families who are facing new economic hardship from the pandemic. Contact the Community Services Department at ICAN@stpete.org or 727-551-3249 for more information.
Here are some other ways to give back during CareFest and beyond:
- Support local businesses by shopping at local retailers and restaurants
- Make a donation at a Power of Change Donation Station to supports homeless services
- Donate to the Utility Assistance Program through a one-time or recurring donation for any amount through your City of St. Petersburg utility bill; more information and registration at stpete.org/UtilityAssistance
Track Your Impact
If possible, report back to the Community Services Department with how your neighborhood helped the community during CareFest by emailing ICAN@stpete.org. If your neighborhood has helped in ways not listed, let us know!
Find more information at stpete.org/Spring2021CareFest.